- 1lb boneless pork tenderloin, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE (approximate)
- salt and pepper
- dry seasoning, of your choice (thyme, savory, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, or a mixture)
- Determine the EXACT weight of roast from the meat wrapper. Weight will determine how long to cook the roast.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Remove tenderloin from refrigerator. Season meat as desired. Place seasoned meat in an uncovered roasting pan on a shelf in the bottom 1/3 of your oven.
- Bake EXACTLY 5 1/2 minutes PER POUND. Adjust +/- according to your oven’s accuracy and heat retention. NOTE:.
- IF YOU HAVE AN OVEN PROBE OR THERMOMETER THAT HAS A WIRE THAT GOES THROUGH THE SIDE OF THE OVEN DOOR, BY ALL MEANS USE IT AND SET THE TEMPERATURE ALARM FOR 140 DEGREES. REMOVE MEAT FROM OVEN WHEN ALARM ALERT GOES OFF (probably before an hour has expired).
- Turn oven OFF and DO NOT open oven door for 45 to 1 hour. Remove pork from oven, lightly cover with foil, and let rest 5-10 minutes to redistribute internal juices. Roast should be done, very slightly pink in the center, and very moist.
- After resting 10 minutes, the roast should reach a safe 145-150 degrees.