No Bake Chocolate Mousse Tart Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
Chocolate Mousse Filling:
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 ounces good quality unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped (do not use sweetened chocolate here, as your mousse may not set properly)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional, boosts chocolate flavour)
- 3 large eggs*
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 ounce dark sugar-free chocolate
- Lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Add melted butter and stir until the mixture clumps together.
- Press firmly and evenly into bottom and up sides of prepared tart pan. Refrigerate until filling is ready.
- In a small pan, combine cream, almond or cashew milk, and butter. Bring to a full boil and then remove from heat.
- In a blender, combine unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, sweetener, and espresso powder. Pour in scalded cream mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend again until smooth (*if you are concerned about the eggs, use pasteurized shell eggs such as Safest Choice). Pour into chilled crust and chill until firm, at least 1 hour. Gently press the tart pan from the bottom to remove the sides and place on a serving platter.
- Beat whipping cream with sweetener and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks. Spread over mousse to the edges of the tart.
- Using a cheese grater, shave the dark chocolate over the whipping cream. Let set a bit in the refrigerator before serving.