Easy Turkey Pho Recipe
January 13, 2016 Main Dishes No Comments
Easy Turkey Pho
For the Broth
- 6-8 cups turkey broth (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 whole star anise
- 6 whole cloves
- ¼ cup cilantro stems
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
For Pho Bowls
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- cilantro, mint, lime, hot sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, chili peppers, sprouts, or anything else you’d want to top your pho with!
- In a large stock pot, simmer all the broth ingredients together for an hour or so. Pour through a fine mesh colander, reserving liquid and discarding solids.
- Return to heat and add noodles. Let the noodles soak until soft (about 10 minutes). Add the turkey. Transfer to bowls (noodles and turkey heaped in the middle, broth ladled over the whole thing) and top with anything your pho-loving heart desires. And DON’T SKIP THE LIME. My favorite.