Chocolate Sweet Cream Marble Cake
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 ounces chocolate (such as Ghirardelli), chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a loaf pan with plenty of nonstick spray, or you can butter and then flour it instead .
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl.
Add the vanilla, sweetened condensed milk, milk, egg, and melted butter. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, reserving about 1/2 a cup of the batter.
- Mix the cocoa powder and the chopped chocolate with the remaining 1/2 cup batter and stir until combined. Pour the chocolate batter over the regular batter and marble with the tip of a knife, making “s” motions throughout the batter until the two batters are swirled together in a nice pattern. Be careful not to drag your knife to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for about thirty minutes on a wire cooling rack, run a knife around the edges to help loosen it and invert the loaf onto a plate. If the loaf does not want to come right out, let it rest upside down on the plate, tapping the bottom of the pan a little to encourage it to come out. Once cake releases, turn it right side up again, allow it to fully cool, then slice and serve.